Six Things to do to Celebrate Spring
Spring’s officially here! If you’re in the northern hemisphere, today’s the day of the vernal equinox. (If you’re in the southern hemisphere, then you’ll have to wait a while.) Way back when, the start of spring was also the start of the new year – check out any old almanacs and you’ll see that it’s true (check out Endnote 1 on this page). After all, what better way to mark the new year than with a season when flowers are in bloom and baby animals are born?
What can you personally do to celebrate spring? In the old days, this was a time of feasting and that’s not a bad idea. If it’s warm enough where you are, venture out onto the patio and if you happen to live in a hot place, then fire up the barbecue for an early start to summer! Other spring celebration suggestions include:
- Book a spring break trip – it’s not too late. We’ve been featuring some great destinations in our March Madness round-up (the Bahamas, Daytona Beach and Ireland). We’ll wrap it up this weekend with one final destination. If you are traveling this spring then don’t forget that we’ve got an airport parking coupon you can use.
- Plan a spring family getaway – there’s no shortage of great spring vacation destinations to choose from.
- Get out and about. Now that the weather is improving, it’s the perfect time to take a long walk and breathe in the scents of spring. It’s always great to see new animal and plant life springing up and feeling the sun on your face makes it even more special. Even if you work in a city, being able to walk outside or go to a nearby park can be a tonic during this season.
- Spring clean. This is a season of renewal, so consider giving your home or office a facelift. You could do anything from moving items around to give your space a fresh feel to actual decoration and paintwork. You’d be amazed how much better you will feel when this is over.
- Bring spring inside by getting some house plants for your home or office. There’s nothing like a splash of cover to brighten things up and lift your mood.
- Read some spring time poetry. Here are some verses for those who love the greenery of the season.