Top 10 Kookiest Superstitions In The U.S.
October has always been one of my favorite months of the year. I love the colors of Autumn, and even as an adult I love pumpkins, fall decorations, and of course Halloween. In celebration of October, I complied the top ten kookiest, most bizarre, Superstitions in the U.S.
- Dropping an umbrella on the floor of your home means there will be a murder in the residence.
- If you dream of a lizard, it is a sign you have a secret enemy.
- Never take a used broom when you move. Just ditch it. Always pick up a new one for your new home.
- For good luck, watch what food you eat each month. In January, eat black-eyed peas for good luck all year. February, you should eat servings of noodles. Eating seeds in March will continue your good luck. In April, stick to eggs. You can retain your luck in May if you eat yogurt and cheese. Be sure to attend a wedding in June so you can have some wedding cake to ward off any bad luck. A sweet piece of watermelon is the ticket for luck in July. August, some servings of sweet corn on the cob is best. Fish and Oysters are at the top of the list for lucky foods in September. October brings a nice pumpkin in a nice freshly baked pie is a sweet treat. For November, turkey is lucky for everyone but the bird and in December, be sure to have a lot of fruit in your refrigerator and pantry.
- A bird in the house is a sign of death.
- If black cat walks toward you, luck is on its way. However, if it walks away, so will your good fortune.
- Counting Crows – Yes, the number of crows you count in a murder (a group of crows) will predict the following: 1 crow – bad luck. 2 crows – good luck. 3 crows health and 4 crows are wealth. 5 crows sickness and if there are 6 crows death…………………..
- Seeing an owl during the day means someone will die.
- Never give your child a name with 13 letters.
- Friday the 13th. Need I say more?
This is just my personal compilation of kooky superstitions. If you have more nominations, please let me know in the comments. I would love to add them!
One thing you don’t have to take a chance on is your off-airport parking. For guaranteed reservations for your next trip, you won’t have to avoid stepping on cracks or holding a button if you go over some train tracks, visit ParkRideFlyUSA to secure your airport parking.